Court of Protection Matters

Capacity issues, particularly in the elderly, often mean that a person is incapable of managing his or her own affairs. When such issues are sufficiently severe, it leaves that person vulnerable, and often makes it difficult for them to get the help they need as the access to their assets to fund this is limited.

Where such a person has appointed an attorney under a Lasting or Enduring Power of Attorney, the attorney has the power to deal with these assets and help ensure that that person's needs are met. However, in cases where no attorney is appointed or (unusually) where the appointed attorney is unable to act, an application will have to be made to the Court of Protection by that person's family to give someone else the authority to make these decisions.

At Crosse + Crosse, we are experienced in dealing with all types of Court of Protection applications and we understand the support which friends and family need when going through this process.

If you think we may be able to help you or if you would like to discuss this further, please speak to any member of our team.

Team members:

Related Legal Services:

Latest News


Chambers and Partners UK Guide 2018

Read More

Family Department Promotions

Read More

Family Department Law Society Accreditation

Read More