When you are injured as the result of an accident, you need the best representation you can get.
At Crosse + Crosse Solicitors, we believe that our role is not only to work with you to get the best settlement possible, but also to take away as many of the cares and worries of fighting a legal action as we can. We want you to let us take the strain.
I've had a personal injury accident, what do I do?
You may be entitled to compensation unless the accident was entirely your fault. However insignificant you may consider your injury to be you may be able to successfully pursue a claim. Please contact us to ask for more information about your accident.
Why should I pursue a personal injury claim?In many cases following an accident many aspects of life could be changed or seriously disrupted. You may for example be unable to:
- Participate in some leisure activities;
- Undertake routine tasks at home.
A claim can enable you to seek appropriate compensation for the losses you have incurred. You may need medical treatment and rehabilitation and you may be frustrated by the delays you are encountering with the NHS. A claim may facilitate private treatment and speed up your recovery. You may be out of pocket with expenses you have incurred.
How can I afford a Personal Injury Lawyer?
The manner in which a claim can be funded will depend on your own personal circumstances but the principle remains the same - you will not be expected to pay your own legal costs. This will be discussed with you at length and no action will be taken in relation to your claim until you are entirely happy with the advice you have been given in relation to this.
You may already have, as part of an existing insurance policy (such as your household or motor insurance), cover for your legal costs. You may also have cover as part of a membership of a trade union, a professional body or as a benefit with your credit card or bank account. Please don't be concerned if you don't have any such cover as we may still be able to act for you on a "no win, no fee" basis. We will advise you on all of these options in detail so you can decide what you want to do BEFORE you start incurring legal costs.
What sort of accidents or claims can you help me with?
It is difficult to provide an exhaustive list of the many different types of injury claims that exist so if your claim doesn't fall into one of the categories below, please do contact us.
- Road traffic accidents
- Sliping or tripping accidents
- Accidents whilst on holiday.
- Accidents whilst at work
- Accidents occurring on someone else's premises
- Claims arising from negligent medical treatment
- Sporting accidents
- If you are the victim of a criminal assault
- We can also provide representation at Coroner's Inquests - please see Inquests
Why should I instruct Crosse + Crosse Personal Injury Team?
- Client centred: We look after your interests as if they are our own. We will always try to go the extra mile for you. We will fight your corner
- Teamwork: We will work with you on your claim.
- You can expect straight forward, impartial honest and clear advice
- You will know precisely who is handling your claim and their status and experience. Your claim is important to us; it is not on a conveyor belt and you will receive individual attention at all times.
- We will be as accessible to you as we possibly can. If we are not available to speak to you when you ring we will try and fix a time when you can discuss your claim with us.
- We offer a high level of service - we have Lexcel and IIP accreditation.
- We have years of experience acting for those who have been unfortunate to have been involved in an accident. Indeed that is why the firm was formed in 1915.
- We are happy for you to judge us on our reputation and the quality service we provide.
- We are members of MASS (Motor Accident Solicitors Society) and we are recommended by Headway (the Brain Injury Association) and Richard Stevinson has been a member of the Law Society's Personal Injury Panel almost since its inception in 1994.
- We are one of the few firms in the South West who also act for insurers or compensators - so we know from our own experience what the other side is likely to be thinking or doing.
- All our personal injury lawyers have at least 10 years experience in handling injury claims; we have many years experience between us and we take pride in our reputation.
Personal Injury team members:
Personal Injury Related Legal Topics:
- Liability Issues
- Different types of Damages
- Children or Protected Parties
- Claiming for Others
- Court of Protection
- Is there a time limit?
- Why should I instruct Crosse + Crosse?
- Will I have to go to Court?
- Clinical Negligence
- Personal Injury Trusts